Director of the Urals Research Center for Radiation Medicine of the Federal Medical Biological Agency
Alexander Vasilyevich Akleyev firstname.lastname@example.org
+7(351) 232-79-14 http://www.urcrm.ru
- Doctor of Sciences in Medical Sciences, Professor, Honoured Science Worker of the Russian Federation, since 1990 - Director of the URCRM
- Director of the World Health Organization Collaborating Center
- Head of the Department of Radiobiology of Chelyabinsk State University
- Member of the Scientific Council of the FMBA, Russia
- Member of the Russian Scientific Commission on Radiation Protection and UN Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation (UNSCEAR)
- Editorial board member of the following scientific journals: Radiation biology. Radioecology, Radiation Safety issues, Radiation and Risk, Medicine of extreme situations, Radiation and Environmental Biophysics, Medical and Biological Problems of life activity, Medical and Biological and Socio-Psychological Problems of Safety in Emergency Situations, International Journal of Radiology
- decorated with the Order of Friendship, Order of Honour, Award pin Golden Cross of FMBA of Russia, Burnazyan Medal, Laureate of the Russian Federation Government Prize in the field of science and technology (2017)
- takes an active part in the organization and implementation of social and medical assistance to the population affected by the Mayak PA activity
- is one of the authors of the Federal Law On Social Protection of Russian Citizens Affected by Radiation due to the 1957 Mayak Accident and Radioactive Waste Discharges into the Techa River and four Federal targeted programs for Social and radiation rehabilitation of people and territories in the Urals region affected as a result of the Mayak Production Association operation.
- heads the Urals Regional Interdepartmental Expert Council to establish a causal relationship between diseases, disabilities, and death in individuals exposed to radiation as a result of the accidents at the Chernobyl NPP and Mayak PA.
- the Urals Branch of the National Radiation and Epidemiological Registry was established at the Urals Research Center for Radiation Medicine under the leadership of A.V. Akleyev. These data are used by the administrative bodies of the Urals Region in providing social and medical assistance to the exposed population